Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Taste of Philly Campo's

Picture
Like I said, I gladly wore it with pride. Make sure you grab some napkins before you go out side you'll need one with whiz. Don't let the shirt stain deter you, it's well worth it.

Seriously though, Campo’s has great sandwiches. You haven’t lived until you try the “Godfather”: Chicken, Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Roasted Peppers, Sharp Provolone, Grilled Tomatoes and Onions on an Italian roll.

For me an Italian Hoagie is still my favorite and Campo's makes a great one. Their Italian Hoagie is so good I recently sent two overnight to a friend formerly from the area who now lives by Buffalo, NY and she was in heaven.

So if you’re traveling in a wheelchair and want a taste of Philly, Campo’s is wheelchair accessible and a great place to relax, have a sandwich and people watch. Quite a few historical sites are right around the corner so it's the perfect place to put on your list of places to visit.
When you’re in a wheelchair you learn there are some things you’ll have to learn to do without. Thanks to Campo’s, Cheese Steaks and Italian Hoagies aren’t one of them. Located at 214 Market St in the heart of Old City Philadelphia I was able to wheel myself right in the door, order my steak and then sit out on the sidewalk and enjoy the sites.

They do have seating inside but it is a little cramped and the day was so beautiful I didn’t even consider sitting inside.

Like a lot of Folks I ordered my steak with “Whiz” and then proudly wore my badge of honor for the rest of the day because a big glob of whiz dripped on my shirt.
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and feedback to make my blog better.